The Feng shui frog is a sacred object that attracts money, wealth, health, wisdom, and longevity. Legend states the money toad appears during a full moon at homes or businesses soon to receive good fortune. In addition, the toad is said to create gold and silver, bringing wealth wherever it resides.
Feng Shui is the strategic placement of items and sacred objects in a home, office, or business to encourage a positive flow of universal energy. Hence, poor energy flow causes bad luck, poverty, discord, and depression.
The frog in Feng Shui is one of the more popular and potent talismans. So, the idea is to use the strategic placement of the Chinese money frog to magnify its ability to produce wealth-building energy and protect against evil forces.
Customarily, fortune toads are three-legged and carry one or more coins in their mouth. Sometimes they also carry one coin tied with a red string for activation purposes. Meanwhile, others come perched on a pile of gold.
When the Feng Shui frog comes with red eyes or red jewels on its back, it’s already activated and programmed to amplify prosperity. Some three-legged toads come with a slit in the coin. This slit is for placing a red thread to activate the talisman. The toads may also come perched on red paper or fabric representative of activation.
According to one anthropology article, Ch’an Chu, the Chinese money frog, represents the immortal moon goddess, Chang’e. The moon, and thus the sacred fortune toad, symbolise yin energy. Hence, the creature embodies money flow, protects wealth, and safeguards against negative energy.
Frogs in Feng Shui are also a symbol of transformation, fertility, creativity, and abundance. Hence, many feng shui practitioners place the three-legged toads with coins in their mouths in the energetic money centres within the home or business.
- The fat brass money frog sits upon a gold ingot, with a string of copper coins upon the back, representing wealth and dignity and serving as an auspicious sign of treasure, wealth and abundance.Money frog(three-leg toad) has an inborn propensity and a sharp perception for gold and wealth. It is good at digging wealth and known as a “treasure-attracting” animal.
- As an auspicious symbol, it not only serves for a decorative purpose, but also can avoid misfortune and attract wealth. It needs to be placed in a particular place. With its head toward the door, it can absorb wealth for you, and with money on its rump, it will double your wealth.
- Made of brass, Size: 4.2"(W) x 2.8"(H)
- prosperity protection set of 5 lucky charm ancient coins on red string,tied to resemble a lotus flower, The ten coins are joined with the auspicious red lucky knot of never ending good fortune, also known as the mystic knot
Meaning in Feng Shui
There are multiple benefits to incorporating money frogs within the home:
- accumulation of positive energy
- increased wealth
- the attraction of wealth and prosperity
- promotes good health
- repels negative or malicious energy
- influences cleanliness
- invites luck
- encourages peace
- transmutes energy
Feng Shui is the practical organisation of the home, office, or business to promote the optimal flow of universal energy. As a result, to gain the most advantage, incorporate three, six, or nine fortune Feng Shui frogs to magnify prosperity.
In addition, it’s crucial to avoid dust accumulation, as it is disrespectful. So, keep areas housing three-legged toads decluttered and clean.
Feng Shui Frog Placement
The direction a Feng Shui frog faces is also crucial. The southeast corner of the designated space is the energetic money centre. Place the sacred toad diagonal from the main entrance, facing inward to draw money into the establishment or home. In addition, placing it on a pedestal or small table helps maintain the flow of energy within the room.
It is disrespectful to place the fortune toad on the floor or near the kitchen, bedroom, or bathroom.
If in a business, place by the cash register or where the money flows. Remember to face the money creature inwards, not towards the door. It will intensify and magnify the flow of wealth into the establishment.
A perfect place for the Chinese money frog is a meditation altar. It’s an excellent opportunity to invite wealth, abundance, prosperity, and wisdom into your spiritual practices. Incorporating the three-legged toad into spirituality achieves the maximum effect for the overall energy attracted to the home.
Green spaces are excellent for the maximum benefit of this auspicious wealth tool. A natural outside environment allows it to pull energy from the earth into your home. Talk about maximising its power! Green spaces are perfect for creating an energetic wealth matrix utilising three, six, or nine Feng Shui frogs.
Cardinal Points for Feng Shui
The cardinal points or directions in Feng Shui relate to the Earth’s cardinal points. As we will explore below, each direction also correlates with an element.
The Northern area of your home correlates to your career. You can place a glass Feng Shui frog, which represents the water element, in the northern part of your home to progress in your career.
Ensure you have the intentions on the direction of your career in mind. Writing them down in a journal or vision board will assist in the manifestation. Then, turn your three-legged toad towards the inside of the area it is placed to draw in that universal energy.
The Southern coordinate represents wealth and prosperity. So, you should place your feng shui frog in the southeast portion of your home.
In addition to your money toad, you can also place a wooden dragon in this area. Wood is the element correlating to the cardinal direction of the south. Wood comes from trees and has always been a high vibrating organic substance. It’s perfect to pair with the Chinese money frog.
The eastern area of your home symbolises your family. Again, the wood element paired with your fortune toad would optimise this area. The energy in this home portion will aid in support, love, comfort, and good health.
The cardinal direction of the West controls creativity, especially for children. It represents the metal element, and it is best to pair it with a metal Feng Shui frog. The energy brings joy, clarity, innovation, and creativity. So, areas facing the West would be the perfect area to plan and/or complete projects.
Frogs are highly honoured in Chinese culture. These prosperity-inviting creatures represent the Yin energy. Meanwhile, the dragon in Feng Shui represents the Yang energy. Hence, the energy of the dragon is the perfect complement to the Chinese money frog’s yin energy. Pairing the two together represents wholeness, completion, and power.
Because the dragon represents sunrise in the east, he is never too far from the fortune frog. Remember, the money toad goes in the home’s southeast corner. So, the dragon and frog, together, magnify the energy needed to generate luck, wealth, and prosperity.
Dragons come in various materials. There are five elements, each with unique benefits:
- Metal: Joy and clarity.
- Wood: Abundance and development. Wooden dragons aid health as well.
- Water: Wealth flow and wisdom. Glass dragons are best to represent water
- Fire: Inspiration and success
- Earth: Support and health. White porcelain dragons aid health and wellbeing.
Common Types of Money Frogs
There are many types of sacred toad ornaments. Some come with coins already, while others will need one.
Feng Shui Frog with Coins
Wealth toads come with a coin in their mouths and are either perched atop a pile of coins or have coins strung along their backs. These are the best talismans for attracting wealth and fortune.
Ensure that the money toad has red eyes, red jewels, red string, or sits on red paper or cloth for activation. If the wealth toad isn’t activated, tie a red thread to the coin or place the sacred toad on red paper or fabric.
Feng Shui Frog without Coins
Money frogs without coins in its mouth are not effective. So, if the fortune toad does not have a coin in its mouth, purchase a coin to place in its mouth.
Meanwhile, should the frog not have red eyes or red jewels on its back, tie a red string to the coin to activate the money toad. Again, sitting the sacred ornament on red paper or fabric will also activate it.
Jade frogs amplify fortune-bringing energy. In Southeast Asia, the jade jewel symbolises wealth. It also represents life and death or yin and yang. Yin and yang together produce a balance that ignites power and potency.
- The fat moeny forg sits upon a gold ingot, with a string of copper coins upon the back, representing wealth and dignity and serving as an auspicious sign of treasure, wealth and abundance.The base can rotate on 360 degree.
- In the mouth of the frog is a coin with a square hole, symbolizing success and wealth accumulation.The Big Dipper upon the back represents successful official career, longevity and persistent good luck.
- The entire product is charming and vividly engraved, representing good luck in career, business and wealth, a nice choice as a gift or for your own use.
- Size: 6.9"(W) x 6.5"(H) , made of resin , look like jade
No symbol has been associated with wealth and fortune more than gold. A gold Feng Shui frog intensifies the attraction of wealth.
- MATERIAL: Made of high-quality resin, sturdy and rust resistant; Size is 3.7"×3.1"×2.9" (L×W×H)
- THREE-LEGGED TOAD: As one of the auspicious creatures in the Chinese faith, the three-legged toad was originally a demon that harmed people but with a sharp perception of gold and the ability to dig wealth. After conquered by a monk, it started to use this money to help the poor, since then a three-legged toad is considered a treasure that brings wealth and luck
- ATTRACT WEALTH: A three-legged toad carries a string of ancient coins with big dipper on its back, serving as an auspicious sign of luck, wealth and abundance. Place it near the cash register, reception desk, office desk, bookshelf and living room to attract fortune for your career and business
- WARD OFF BAD LUCK: Three-legged toads have entered millions of households as an ornament and believed to ward off evil spirits and protect your home, which also makes it a great house warming gift
- CONGRATULATORY GIFT: There is a saying "Those who get the golden toads will be rich", besides, the coin is engraved with Congratulations saying bring in wealth and treasure, perfect choice as new year's gifts or as store opening gifts
A wood frog in Feng shui symbolises the growth of wealth. Moreover, wood is organic and has the energy of trees. Trees have also long been the symbolism of growth and life.
- The fortune toad statue is made of high quality resin. High quality, eco-friendly, exquisite workmanship.
- Money Frog, also known as Three-leg Toad, has an inborn propensity and a sharp perception for gold and wealth. It is a “treasure-attracting” animal which is good at digging wealth.
- Feng Shui Money Frog According to Feng Shui beliefs, money frog helps attract and protect wealth and guards against bad luck, the most auspicious Chinese symbol of money-making.
- As an auspicious symbol, Money Frog not only serves for a decorative purpose, but also can avoid misfortune and attract wealth. It needs to be placed in a particular place. With its head toward the door, it can absorb wealth for you, and with money on its rump, it will double your wealth.
- 100% Risk-Free Purchase: At Naturecraf, we want our customers to be satisfied with their purchase which is why we use high-quality materials along with stunning designs to provide you with décor you’ll want to show off! Each purchase you make is backed by our 30 Day 100% Customer Satisfaction Warranty so that you can order today knowing your investment is risk-free.
Generic frogs in Feng Shui don’t come with a coin. So, you’ll need to purchase a coin to activate a generic money toad.
- MATERIAL: Made of high quality resin. Has a good meaning
- SIZE: 2.4" x 2.4" x 2".
- STRUCTURE AND MEANING: A frog sits on a traditional Chinese copper coin with two strings of copper coins on its back and a coin in its mouth. It symbolizes the entanglement of money and enters thousands of households.
- AUSPICIOUS: On its back, it shows seven places that symbolize the Big Dipper, which plays an important role in Chinese astrology. Protecting the house is more auspicious
- GOOD LUCK: the most auspicious symbol of making money. The place where Kim Min is located must be fortune, and it is a good choice to put it in your home and office.
Things to Avoid
Feng Shui is the strategic placing of talismans or sacred ornaments to facilitate the smooth flow of chi or universal energy. The proper placement is crucial to avoid creating bad luck.
- Do not place the Feng Shui frog facing outwards. Backward frogs send wealth and luck out of the dwelling instead of drawing it inside.
- Placing three-legged toads on the ground is unlucky. So, we recommend always having the fortune frog elevated, either on a coffee table or a pedestal. Avoid placing them on windows as it may draw the luck to the outside instead.
- Check on the money toad and dragons often. Avoid dust accumulation. In addition, refrain from placing them in dirty, cluttered, or messy areas.
- Avoid purchasing rugs, carpets, and tiles with depictions of toads. Stepping on them is also considered disrespectful and can result in bad luck.
- Do not purchase items with depictions of toads for the bathroom. Doing so is considered unlucky.
- Avoid Feng shui frog depictions that are not in proper proportion to the space it inhabits. After all, Feng Shui is about commanding energy. So, creatures that are too big for their dwell space will not bring about the expected energy.
Feng Shui is an excellent method to elevate the energy of a space. People feel uplifted, more productive, motivated, and inspired. In addition, placing the frog in Feng Shui will magnify wealth, fortune, and longevity. The benefits of the money toad in Feng Shui are innumerable, whether you choose to use one frog or nine.
Are you considering adding a Feng shui Dragon to your home or workspace too? If so, check out our guide on the Asian practice of placing dragons in your personal space to reap its spiritual benefits.